The Traveler ending is the result of deciding to leave town. To do this, either choose to escape town or seduce Perrault and fail to poison Carmosa. (Choose Escape Town or choose to Re-take the residence and fail to poison Carmosa, plus be lovers with Perrault)
While this ending does have two variant categories, I don't think its possible to actually play through the game and gain the Fugitive variant (first category) and have anyone else other than Perrault as Company (second category). This is because in order to trigger the Fugitive variant of the ending you must seduce Perrault, and in doing so will also trigger the second variant in which he accompanies Cinders on her travels. So, I believe the only way to view the Fugitive variant with any characters other than Perrault as company (or being alone), is via the Ending Viewer section of the Rewards menu. To do this you must play through the game and choose to willingly leave town (Escape Town), instead of attempting and failing to poison Carmosa. In addition, you must befriend/seduce Tobias, befriend Ghede, or befriend no one and leave town alone. Once you have done this you will be able to view the Fugitive ending with the Alone, With Tobias, and With Ghede variant via the Rewards menu. The guides linked below are a foolproof method to unlocking all of the variants.
Refer to this page for personality variants (aka "good"/"bad"/"smart", "pro tobias", "pro carmosa", etc.)
Linked below are the guides to unlock every variant of the Traveler Ending :
- Fugitive Variant, With Perrault
- Traveler Variant, With Perrault
- Traveler Variant, With Tobias
- Traveler Variant, Witch's Apprentice (With Ghede)
- Traveler Variant, Alone
1. Traveler: Simply choose to leave under most circumstances. (Choose Escape Town)
2. Fugitive: Seduce Perrault, try to reclaim the manor, and fail to poison Carmosa. To have this option, Cinders must not know a way to arrest Carmosa or about her financial problems (or fail to bring the latter up when speaking to Carmosa). If Carmosa does not trust Cinders, the attempt will fail. (Choose Re-take the residence)
1. Perrault: Befriend or seduce Perrault. To befriend him, simply spend time with him. To seduce him, be seductive on their dates. (be "pro captain") Either way, the ending is the same.
2. Tobias: Befriend or seduce Tobias. To befriend him, simply be friendly. To seduce him, flirt when given the chance, agree to a date, and either kiss him or invite yourself to his house when given the option (depending on Cinders' attitude). (be "pro tobias")
3. Madame Ghede: Befriend Ghede without befriending/seducing Tobias or Perrault. Agree with her that people are stupid and Carmosa is exceptional, and tell her that you need to know more and that you have your ways when she asks Cinders what her plans are. (be "pro voodoo")
4. Alone: Fail to befriend Perrault, Tobias, or Ghede.